Campaigners recommence for the year on Friday 20 September and continues to run on Friday nights.
Jemma Maxwell – Centre co-ordinator 028 8556 7492
- All previous members and new members are very welcome. Campaigners is free to join and is open to all so you can bring your friends. Just come along.
- Anyone interested in assisting with leadership is also very welcome.
- Parents are required to attend briefly on the first night to sign a consent form.
- Inters – Year 7 to Year 9 and Craftsmen Year 10 to Age 18, meeting 7.15 pm to 8.30 pm in Sixmilecross Presbyterian Church Hall.
Campaigners is neither military nor political. It seeks by means of its various activities:
- to develop, in the young people it leads, a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord
- to bear witness to the need for Christian thoroughness in all the relationships of life; thus the Motto ‘UNTO HIM’ and the Password ‘THROUGH AND THROUGH’.
The Campaigners continue to meet each Friday evening.
7:15pm until 8:30pm for
Inters (Year 7 to Year 9)
Inters is the third age group in Campaigners, following on from Junos. It provides young people with weeknight activities in a secure and supportive environment, offering a programme of Bible-based teaching, life-skills, games and fun for children in Primary 7 to Year 9 in school.
Craftsmen (Year 10 to Age 18)
Craftsmen is the oldest age group in Campaigners, following on from Inters. Their programme offers Bible-based teaching, life-skills, games and fun for young people from Year 10 in school to age 18. As young people grow older they have to work through a series of transitions, including that from secondary to further education or the job market; and from family home to independent living. They require affirmation, equipping and teaching to enable them to make informed choices. CYCM leaders can help by passing on skills and knowledge. They can also support the young person to establish a secure identity, based on a set of personal values founded on the Christian faith, a feeling of self-worth and the ability to relate well to other people.